Quality Schools Involving Teams for Excellence
Altoona Area High School Q-SITE Vision & Values Statements
The vision of the Altoona Area High School Q-SITE Council for the 21st century is to provide the opportunity for faculty, staff, parents and community to develop, through communication, a sense of ownership, spirit, and pride in the school. Not only must students be prepared academically; they must be nurtured with a sense of cultural awareness which includes an appreciation of the arts, of tolerance, of diversity, and the community.
The AAHS Q-SITE Council believes that the Altoona Area High School will:
- Create life-long learners.
- Develop independent learning skills.
- Foster Mt. Lion Pride and school spirit.
- Encourage the use of communication skills that promote understanding.
- Encourage community ownership in the school and its mission.
- Advocate positive and meaningful educational experiences for all students.
- Promote excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and life skills.
- Encourage the development of problem-solving skills.
- Encourage the development of students' technological competencies to better prepare them to meet the demands of a changing world.
- Strengthen and nurture the development of self-esteem.
If you are interested in being a member of the AAHS Q-SITE committee and/or in volunteering in various capacities at our school, please contact Mrs. Season Consiglio the Q-SITE Chairperson.