Please browse through AAHS's proud tradition of the theater arts. Cast lists before 1994 and production photos are inaccessible- please email [email protected] if you would like to submit info.
Since 2006, Altoona Community Theatre has sponsored the annual Isaac Awards at the historic Mishler Theatre. This is a competition between many of the high schools in the region to recognize local high school talent. See below for a list of Altoona's past wins. You can also visit ACT's Isaac Award Website for more information.
- Best Leading Actor in a Male Role- Ryan Longstreth, Jack Kelly in Newsies
- Best Supporting Actor in a Male Role- William Secriskey as Crutchie
- Achievement in Choreography- Siara Helsel
- Achievement in Design- Danielle Mueller, Scenic Painting
- Best Dance/Featured Dancer- "King of New York"
- Runner Up Best Musical Number- "Seize the Day"
- Best Production- Newsies
- Link to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZxkWe0sL0A
2020 - Virtual, non-competitive Isaacs Ceremony due to COVID-19
- Best Actor in a Featured Role- Kyle Dennis, Orin Scrivello in Little Shop of Horrors
- Runner Up Best Actor in a Supporting Role- Jarrett Hann as the Voice of Audrey II
- Best Stage Crew
- Runner Up Best Choreography- Morgan Hamel
- Best Ensemble- The Urchins: Morgan Hamel, Raquel Dunio, Samantha Peterson, Emily Latten, Emilee DeFrancesco, Isabella Kennedy
- Achievement in Design- Anthony Pater, Puppet Design
- Runner Up Best Actress in a Leading Role- Paige DeGennaro as Audrey
- Runner Up Best Musical Number- "Suddenly, Seymour"
- Best Production- Little Shop of Horrors
- Best Supporting Actress- Natalie Holsey, The Drowsy Chaperone in The Drowsy Chaperone
- Runner Up Best Stage Crew
- Runner Up Best Choreography- McKenna Dugan
- Runner Up Best Dance Number- "I Don't Wanna Show Off No More"
- All Student Orchestra Recognition
- Achievement in Design- Brandon Eichenlaub, Costume Design
- Best Actor in a Leading Role- Jacob Wilt as Man in Chair
- Best Actress in a Leading Role- McKenna Dugan as Janet Van de Graaff
- Best Musical Number- "As We Stumble Along"
- Best Production- The Drowsy Chaperone
- Achievement in Design- Cassandra Hamel, Costume Design
- Runner Up Best Overall Production- Into the Woods
- Best Actor/Actress in a Featured Role- Natalie Holsey, Motormouth Maybelle in Hairspray
- Runner Up Best Actor in a Leading Role- Shay Dugan as Corny Collins
- Best Ensemble- Corny Collins Council Members: Isabel Mika, Sylvia Lombardo, McKenna Dugan, Morgan McNulty, Mikayla Yanchik, Caleb Marasco, Devon Kennedy, Zach Bender, Hunter Weidlich, Michael Stumpf
- Runner Up Best Musical Number- "I Know Where I've Been"
- Runner Up Best Actress in a Leading Role- Breanna Corle, Aida in Aida
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role- Aubrey Anna as Amneris
- Best Actress in a Leading Role- Aislinn Feathers, Millie Dillmount in Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Best Actor/Actress in a Featured Role- Marshall Dalansky (Ching Ho) & Jordan Miller (Bun Foo)
- Achievement in Student Choreography- Addie Rabold, Sarah Arpino, Aislinn Feathers, Amanda Campbell
- Runner Up Best Featured Dance- "Thoroughly Modern Millie"
- Best Production- Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Runner Up Best Actress in a Leading Role- Aislinn Feathers, Natalie/Ed in All Shook Up
- Best Actor in a Leading Role- Eddie Brandt as Chad
- Runner Up Best Actress in a Supporting Role- Sheriece Veazey as Lorraine
- Runner Up Best Actor in a Supporting Role- Zach Bracken as Dennis
- Best Featured Dance- "C'mon Everybody"
- Achievement in Design- Jerod Brandt and Kaitlyn Lersch, Choreography
- Runner Up Best Musical Number- "Can't Help Falling in Love"
- Runner Up Best Overall Production- All Shook Up
- Best Actor in a Leading Role- Eddie Brandt as Done Lockwood in Singin' in the Rain
- Best Actress in a Leading Role- Marisa Bertani as Lina Lamont
- Runner Up Best Actor in a Supporting Role- Cory Brubaker as Cosmo Brown
- Best Featured Dancers- Eddie Brandt and Cory Brubaker
- Runner Up for Best Musical Number- "Brush Up Your Shakespeare" from Kiss Me, Kate
- Judges Discretionary Award Special Recognition for Achievement by an All-Student Orchestra
Show History (Chronologically)
ADA Website Compliance
If you experience any accessibility or reading difficulties, please see the ADA Website Compliance procedure.