Crisis/Behavioral Health Resources
If you have concerns about yourself or a loved one, the following crisis organizations can provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention, and crisis resources.
Text HELLO to 741741
Resources and Tips
Alcohol and/or Drug Abuse Assistance
Blair Drug and Alcohol Partnerships (BDAP) offer effective prevention, intervention, and referral to treatment services to individuals and families in our county.
Behavioral Health Services
UPMC Western Behavioral Health of the Alleghenies (WBHA) Formally know as Home Nursing Agency Services, provides mental and behavioral health programs for both children and adults in Blair County.
Student Assistance Intervention Team (SAIT) The purpose of SAIT is to identify and assist students who may be experiencing behavior or academic problems in school. At times, these problems may be related to mental health and/or alcohol or other drug use.
The team utilizes a systematic process along with specially trained personnel to intervene and refer these students to appropriate in school and/or community services.
Additional Educational Resources:
Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Drug facts and multi-media - http://www.justthinktwice.com/
- Treatment center finder - http://FindTreatment.samhsa.gov/
- Drug information - http://drugfactsweek.drugabuse.gov/resources.php
- Home Nursing Agency’s Healing Patch - http://www.homenursingagency.com/our-services/childrens-services/healing-patch
- Stages of Grief - http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/
Center for Loss - http://www.centerforloss.com/
- Suicide and Depression Awareness for Students - http://www.learnpsychology.org/suicide-depression-student-guidebook/
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - http://www.sptsusa.org/
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program - www.yellowribbon.org
- REACH OUT.com - www.us.reachout.com
- Aevidum Awareness Initiative – www.dosomething.org/projectaevidum-awareness-initiative