Student Assistance Intervention Team
The Student Assistance Intervention Team at AAHS is comprised of professionally trained school counselors, teachers, and human service representatives. The primary focuses of SAIT is to assist students and parents to access school and community services that help to identify and resolve barriers to a student’s academic success. SAIT is based upon state guidelines and each team member has been professionally trained in accordance with the state’s specifications.
Students are referred to SAIT for different reasons including substance abuse, stressful relationships at school or home, mental health issues, including depression or thoughts of suicide. Anyone can make a confidential referral to SAIT.
Additional Educational Resources:
AAHS Mindfulness Site - Mindfulness
Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Drug facts and multi-media - http://www.justthinktwice.com/
- Treatment center finder - http://FindTreatment.samhsa.gov/
- Drug information - http://drugfactsweek.drugabuse.gov/resources.php
- Home Nursing Agency’s Healing Patch - http://www.homenursingagency.com/our-services/childrens-services/healing-patch
- Stages of Grief - http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/
Center for Loss - http://www.centerforloss.com/
- Suicide and Depression Awareness for Students -SAMHSA Resources
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - http://www.sptsusa.org/
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program- www.yellowribbon.org
- REACH OUT.com- www.us.reachout.com